Funding and Grants
The EU is backing this £3.5 million energy storage initiative led by the University of South Wales (USW). Our hub will benefit from £2.3 million of EU funding to collaborate with businesses in sectors such as low carbon, energy and environment, advanced manufacturing and ICT.
Delivered under European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) specific objective 1.2, the programme will increase the successful translation of research and innovation processes into new and improved commercial products, processes and services, in particular through improved technology transfer from HEIs.
Changes sought through the operation are numerous:
1) An increase in the research and innovation capacity of businesses to develop new (or
improved) products and processes
2) An increase in the level of R&I collaborative technology transfer pilot projects undertaken
between Universities and businesses.
3) An increase in the availability of specialist facilities to support business R&I.
4) An increase in the level of employment within business
5) An increase in the use and availability of energy storage (low carbon) technologies